About Me

My photo
Tijuana, Baja California Norte, Mexico
I am 37 been a junkie for over 10 years, here are some of my stories...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

USING METH TO HELP MY HEROIN DETOX, AND I'M LEAVING BY MONDAY!

1ST off I talked to the bus company today, I will leave Monday AT THE LATEST, maybe sooner, I need to make sure I have all the supplies I need, and everything my girl needs is done, and spend as much time with her as possible, as I will be gone for months.
2nd, I'm thinking another day/night of meth would be good for my detox, so when I get on the bus, for a 27 hour bus ride, I can sleep the whole time. I have looked into this thing, to see if it is known to help. And what I found out, from a government website (.gov) methadone is used for cocaine, and meth addiction as well.
I have know for years the methadone clinic in Tijuana gives methadone to meth heads, but they are a business, and want to get as many people as possible on methadone for the rest of their lives. 20 years ago i was addicted to meth, I don't see how methadone would have helped me as my issue was i do it for work, after i cant sleep when i finally get to sleep i have to get up in an hour, so i have to do it again, or, do it before i go to sleep so the next day i could sleep after work.
This never worked, I was stuck in a vicious circle, I guess if it works on the same receptor in the brian it could help. I shot up meth for 3 months, STRAIGHT, when i left the town, i had NO withdrawals. so I still don't see how it would help, I have heard of people having withdrawals so for them it might help, but methadone is very addictive, and worse than any drug as you have to get up early to get it, basically if you don't make it to the clinic, on THEIR time schedule, your screwed. its a drug whos dealer only sells from 5am to 12, and you can never go on vacation. Plus it opens a window to an opiate addiction, which in my opinion is worse than anything and iI have tried everything except PCP, even drugs that are not illegal YET, or were legal at the time i did them.
But I don't think methadone is the way to go with a meth addiction, but with an opiate addiction, I do think I helps if used once every week or too. When on meth, link a typical meth head, I could spend 18 hours to fix a VCR that I don't even use, but it is because i am focused on that, and forget about everything else, many times i will only smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes in a day, because i forgot as i was focused on something else; It is that mind set i seek when I do meth, forget about heroin, focus on something else.
When it wears off I can take a small dose to not be sick, and something for sleep and I could sleep 24+ hours, those are hours when I am not using heroin not to mention the time before when I was focused on other stuff. I definitely think it can be a tool when used lightly, as can opiates, but I know that is a tool I can never use again, as I have figuratively cut off both my hands.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you luck in your desire to detox & put an end to the madness. Please be careful and stay away from Methadone if you can.. It's just synthetic heroin & a whole new horror show.... prayin' for you bud! ...ALF

Anonymous said...

As a former meth user, my sincerest wishes are with you on this journey to conquer your demons. I pray you've thoroughly researched the pros, cons & safety of using Meth as a withdrawal tool.. I've never used Heroin so I don't claim first hand knowledge of it. This is the truth as I know it, as I lived it, as I quit it...Research shows that only 6% of Meth addicts are successful in beating the addiction. Heroin & Meth are nothing alike, as different as night and day. Methadone is synthetic lab created Heroin. Meth has no synthetic options to help in recovery. Another truth I don't think you're aware of....Meth is more addicting than Heroin. I urge you to use the utmost caution in the weeks to come. Have you considered Marijuana to ease your withdrawal, at least it's a sedative.
Best of luck and safe travels!

Anonymous said...

I have been addicted to heroin in Minneapolis also. The best thing for you is to get a few suboxin and eat a half a pill and maybe a little more daily, ween your way down from that and smoke weed constantly. I ate subs weened down then just ate xanax and smoked weed ever since. You will slowly get you apetite back, and be sure to drink lots of water. DONT TAKE METHADONE! Subs are more effective and not such a pain in the ass to get. The doc will give you a bottle to manage. You need to go to the doc while in withdrawal. Not completely sick, but a little sweaty and itchin for it. They will verify you are withdrawing then they will give u subs. Good luck, at least the dope here is so weak. Being sick aint as bad as it is on the west coast!

Anonymous said...

1 more thing - Mexico = bad idea. Most of the heroin that is 50 -100% pure is now being manufactured in parts of Mexico. Mexico has some very good black tar and Im sure an american will have no trouble getting a connection.

Roo said...

personally I think that moving to seattle is a very very stupid choice. there is more heroin there than you can shake a stick at. Seattle is actually known for it's herion, even if you have months clean, if you run into it, which you will, you will relapse. Why not move to a city that is more secluded, a city that is NOT known for it's drugs? feel free to contact me if you want. I would seriously re think your plan though. mexico is also well known for it's meth and drugs...I'm not trying to call you out, i just dont understand the choices that you make...

Roo said...

chaos32@gmail.com


forgot to leave my contact info

Anonymous said...

hey i'm currently struggling with a heroin addiction myself... meth helped the one time i tried it to detox from heroin but then i got back on the fucking horse i just took some suboxone this morning because i'm done i only got another half tab though... so it will get me through the first 2 days... trying to make my girl get me a little crystal to help but she seems content spending my money on only heroin... so i might just use her sub since she says she wants to quit but her actions make me think she's not wanting to quit... after withdrawal im done though no more ever! good luck to you guys and girls struggling with addiction... it's a mother fucker

Anonymous said...

I am currently on almost day 3 of wd from heroin and let me tell you meth has actually helped me. I don't smoke much, a 20 bag last about 2 days and I use xanax at night to sleep. I have only a little meth left and 2 xanax so we will see if this works as it did coming off 30mg percs. I wouldn't recommend this to everyone but as I hate meth and love opiates I think this works. I don't stay up for days at a time and get some pretty good sleep. That's really just my experience. It seems to make my heroin withdrawal nonexistent. So hopefully it can help some too.

My Blog List

Followers